The Cost of Owens Corning™ Basement Finishing System™ Installation Compared to Building an Above-Ground Addition
If you’re thinking about installing the Owens Corning™ Basement Finishing System™, cost is likely a factor to consider. After all, remodeling your basement is an investment in your home. You’ll be glad to know that not only can the Owens Corning™ Basement Finishing System™ help expand your current livable space, but it may also cost less per square foot than installing an above-ground addition to your home. The Basement Finishing System™ provides many other benefits through both its design and installation. For example, the walls are not only durable and dent-resistant, but they come with built-in insulation to help keep the basement at a comfortable temperature and conserve energy.
Here are a few of additional advantages Owens Corning basements can provide:
- Mold and mildew resistance* – The Owens Corning™ Basement Finishing System™ is built to resist the growth of mold and mildew
- Short installation – Trained, certified installers can transform your basement in only about two weeks
- Excellent acoustics – The built-in acoustic insulation is sound-absorbent
- Accessibility – The walls can be easily removed, allowing for quick access to your home’s foundation, plumbing, and electrical wiring
- Lifetime Limited Transferable Warranty – Backs your Owens Corning™ Basement Finishing System™ as long as you own your home**
*While the materials and design of the Owens Corning™ Basement Finishing System™ resist mold and mildew, the system cannot prevent or mitigate mold if the conditions necessary for mold growth otherwise exist in your basement.
**See actual warranty for details, limitations, and requirements.